Apple cake – a simple and quick recipe for a dessert that screams autumn and cozyness. Do not put this aside only because it looks rustic – it is delicious and comforting … and a no brainer :D.
P.S. It goes really well served warm with vanilla ice cream. 😀
Enjoy it with a smile! 🙂
- YIELD: 6 slices
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 130 g (4.6 oz) sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1.5 dl (2/3 cup) milk, at room temperature
- 170 g (5.9 oz) plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 apples, peeled and cubed or unpeeled and thinly sliced, upon preference
- 2 tbsp pearl sugar (not the standard granulated sugar)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
Whisk the egg and sugar (the standard granulated one). Add the melted butter and the milk and whisk lightly. Add the sifted flour and baking powder and carefully fold. Pour the mixture in a round springform pan (18cm/ 7in).
Based on your preference, you can peel the apples and cube or slice them or you can leave them unpeeled and thinly slice them using a mandolin. Arrange the apples on top of the mixture. Sprinkle with the pearl sugar and cinnamon.
Bake for 40-45 minutes.