This is the easiest thing I have done, by far. It consists only in chopping stuff (great therapy, by the way – not like kneading bread, but very close) and mixing them together.
It is fresh, goes well as a side dish or on its own with some taco chips, looks amazing and makes you think about summer.
Enjoy it with a smile! 🙂
- YIELD: 6
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 ananas
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 or 1 red chili pepper (seeds removed)
- 1 bunt fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 lime – the juice
- Split the pineapple in 2 lengthwise and remove the hard part in the middle. Scoop out the pulp (or if you are very handy, do it with a knife, without cutting the skin).
Keep the skin for serving.
- Peel the mango and cut it in small cubes. Finely chop the red bell pepper, red onion and the red chili pepper (remove the seeds first).
Coarsely chop the coriander. Place everything in a bowl, add the juice from the lime, salt and mix together.
- Serve it in the pineapple halves and add more coriander on top if necessary.